Animus Explosia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a slave trade

2 posters

Go down

Is there a slave trade  Empty Is there a slave trade

Post  lilcapt Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:53 am

if there is what degree of severity is it a back ally thing or open law or does the law not care about trivial things like that

lilcapt

Back to top Go down

Is there a slave trade  Empty Re: Is there a slave trade

Post  seraph787 Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:09 pm

Right now the world is in a state of repair and most people can't even think about putting slaves to work. The world is huge, however, and the possibilities for some people in exceptional circumstances to be capable of employing slaves (or capturing them or whatever the operative word here would be). The exigent circumstances for most people are not able to make such a thing work.

If you would like to incorporate something like this for your own history, I can certainly see something like that happening. Just know that something like this is not commonplace in this world and any such actions (to be a slave owner or the like) by a certain person or persons would be frowned upon by the the common people as well as the governments in place.

As for the government, there is very little they can do about it. They are focused on gaining the favor of the people, finding ways to fend off any possible future attacks, and mostly to find the means to restore life to the land and the skies above. All of it is in ruin. Any perception of any sort of hierarchy sending men and women off to find some sort of mystical bounty should not envision a king in a castle giving orders. It would be more akin to a town elder gathering what riches he can find to outfit a precious few soldiers/adventurers/etc.

seraph787
Admin

http://animus.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  lilcapt Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:16 am

Thank you for the replay and the clarification sadly because of my ocd nature if something doesn't make logical sense in the world i wont try and force it on you and i wont use it in my character history again thank you

lilcapt

Back to top Go down

Post  seraph787 Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:39 am

It's quite alright. Realize that just about anything like that would make sense in a world. It is, after all, a whole world with millions of people. There were close to 10 kingdoms on this one continent alone and all had quite a few differences in the way they were ruled or the way people lived. Take note that there are also going to be many many people who are not part of a kingdom and so they rule themselves and can be especially beyond the norms of what may be going on within the kingdoms that exist.

Who knows... as the story evolves, I may end up introducing some conflict revolving around slavery anyway so long as, for me, it fits and has its place with the things that I'm doing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't let the World Story backgrounds limit what you see for your character. Hope this helps.

seraph787
Admin

http://animus.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  lilcapt Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:07 am

don't worry the whole slavery thing was a 4am delusion in witch i was very tired

lilcapt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum